The Dell EMC PowerSwitch S4148T-ON 48-Port 440W (ONIE) Switch is a high-performance networking device designed for use in data centers and enterprise environments. With 48 ports and a maximum power output of 440W, it is capable of handling large volumes of traffic and providing reliable connectivity to a wide range of devices.
One of the key features of this switch is its ONIE (Open Network Install Environment) support, which allows for easy installation and deployment of network operating systems. This means that administrators can choose the operating system that best suits their needs, whether it is a vendor-provided OS or a customized version.
The S4148T-ON also supports a range of advanced networking features, such as VLAN tagging, link aggregation, and Quality of Service (QoS) prioritization. These features help to ensure that traffic is routed efficiently and reliably, with minimal latency and downtime.
The Dell PowerSwitch S4148T-ON is a 1.76Tbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance.
- 48 fixed 10M/100M/1G/10GbE copper BaseT RJ-45 ports
- 2 fixed 40GbE QSFP+ ports
- 4 fixed 100GbE QSFP28 ports
- Seven-segment stacking indicator
- 1 micro-USB-B console port
- 1 USB type-A port
- 48 x 10G + 4 x 100G
- 48 x 10G + 6 x 40G
- 48 x 10G + 16 x 25G
- 48 x 10GT + 24 x 10G SFP+
- AC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
- DC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
Key Features with Dell EMC SmartFabric OS10
- Consistent DevOps framework across compute, storage and networking elements
- Standard networking features, interfaces and scripting functions for legacy network operations integration
- Standards-based switching hardware abstraction via Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI)
- Pervasive, unrestricted developer environment via Control Plane Services (CPS)
- OS10 Enterprise Edition software enables Dell Technologies layer 2 and 3 switching and routing protocols with integrated IP services, quality of service, manageability and automation features
- OS10 supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP, IEEE 1588v2) to synchronize clocks on network devices.
- Leverage common open source tools and best practices (data models, commit rollbacks)
- Increase VM Mobility region by stretching L2 VLAN within or across two DCs with unique VLT capabilities
- Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet Switching with QoS, ACL and a full complement of standards based IPv4 and IPv6 features including OSPF, BGP and PBR
- Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV