The Dell EMC PowerSwitch S4148F-ON is a high-performance and highly configurable network switch designed for data centers and enterprise networks that require low latency, high throughput, and high port density. It is part of Dell's Open Networking initiative, which emphasizes the use of open, industry-standard networking protocols and software to provide customers with greater flexibility and agility.
The S4148F-ON features 48 ports of 10/25GbE, with support for up to 6 ports of 100GbE using breakout cables. This high port density makes it well-suited for large-scale applications such as virtualization, cloud computing, and big data analytics. The switch supports a variety of network protocols and features, including Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, VXLAN overlay networks, and virtualization-aware networking.
One of the key features of the S4148F-ON is its open networking capabilities. It supports the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which allows customers to install their choice of operating system and network software. This gives customers greater control over their network infrastructure and allows them to use the software and tools that best meet their needs.
The Dell PowerSwitch S4148F-ON is a 1.76Tbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance.
- 48 fixed 10GbE SFP+ ports
- 2 fixed 40GbE QSFP+ ports
- 4 fixed 100GbE QSFP28 ports
- Seven-segment stacking indicator
- 1 micro-USB-B console port
- 1 USB type-A port
- 48 x 10G + 4 x 100G
- 48 x 10G + 6 x 40G
- 48 x 10G + 16 x 25G
- 76 x 10G
- AC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
- DC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
Key Features with Dell EMC SmartFabric OS10
- Consistent DevOps framework across compute, storage and networking elements
- Standard networking features, interfaces and scripting functions for legacy network operations integration
- Standards-based switching hardware abstraction via Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI)
- Pervasive, unrestricted developer environment via Control Plane Services (CPS)
- OS10 Enterprise Edition software enables Dell Technologies layer 2 and 3 switching and routing protocols with integrated IP services, quality of service, manageability and automation features
- OS10 supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP, IEEE 1588v2) to synchronize clocks on network devices.
- Leverage common open source tools and best practices (data models, commit rollbacks)
- Increase VM Mobility region by stretching L2 VLAN within or across two DCs with unique VLT capabilities
- Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet Switching with QoS, ACL and a full complement of standards based IPv4 and IPv6 features including OSPF, BGP and PBR
- Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV