Leave a Message
Send us a message and we will get back to you within our regular business hours Monday - Friday 8AM - 6PM PST
Your Cart is Empty
Price: Ask for Quote
The HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server delivers 2P performance for your budget with dual accelerator support, while leveraging the HPE Apollo 6000 System and its modular flexibility and rack-scale efficiency.
This server features the Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3/v4 series processors and 16 DIMM slots are ready with DDR4 2133 (1024 GB maximum)/2400 (2048 GB maximum) MHz memory and HPE SmartMemory.
The modular HPE Apollo 6000 Chassis can accommodate up to ten server trays, with the flexibility to choose from various trays, HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server with accelerators, HPE ProLiant XL230a Gen9 Server, or a combination of server trays to meet workload needs while lowering TCO.
The HPE Apollo 6000 Power Shelf drives rack scale power efficiency, while the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Advanced Power Manager provides real-time power measurements and enables rack-level dynamic power capping.
The HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server supports two Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3/v4 series processors, with up to 16 cores and two accelerators for demanding enterprise performance.
Each tray has 16 DIMM slots for DDR4 2133 (1024 GB maximum) /2400 (2048 GB maximum) MT/s, and supports up to six hot-plug front-accessible hard drives with SAS/SATA/SSD options.
The HPE Apollo 6000 Chassis innovation zone supports 2 PCIe 3.0 HPE FlexibleLOM options including 1GbE, 10GbE and/or InfiniBand (EDR 100GbE)/Omnipath(OPA 100GbE) to fit workload needs while lowering solution TCO.
The HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server delivers the flexibility to mix and match single and double slot server trays, including HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Servers with accelerator, HPE ProLiant XL230a Gen9 Servers in a single HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis.
The HPE Apollo 6000 Power Shelf utilizes proven HPE BladeSystem high-efficiency power modules. Optionally, the HPE Advanced Power Manager dynamically monitors and manages power to maximize rack-level efficiency and redundancy for your workloads.
Front serviceable server trays in a standard rack-mount chassis make maintenance both quick and easy.
The HPE ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server supports HPE DDR4 SmartMemory, reducing data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling, while also improving workload performance and power efficiency.
Processor (One of the following depending on Model)
Intel C610 series chipset
Smart Array Controller
Host Bus Adapter
Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
Storage Controller Cable Kits
Other Storage Controller Options
Internal storage devices
Internal MicroSD slot
Maximum internal storage
HPE computational and graphics accelerators10
Accelerator Enablement Kits
HPE Insightmanagement software
The ProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server is a double-slot tray for the HPE Apollo a6000 Chassis
NOTE: 1. Field upgrade is not available for v4 processors
2. HPE memory from previous generation servers (DDR3) are not compatible with the HPEProLiant XL250a Gen9 Server.To realize the performance memory capabilities listed in this document, HPE SmartMemory isrequired. LRDIMM and RDIMM are distinct memory technologies and cannot be mixed within a server. Depending on the memory configuration and processor model, the memory speed may runat 2400 MHz, 2133 MHz or 1866 MHz. Please see memory population table or the online memoryconfiguration tool.E5-2600 v4 Series processors will only support DDR4 -2400 DIMMs
3. This option supports up to two FlexLOM options
4. This option supports one LP PCIe and one FlexLOM
5. This option does not support additional LP PCIe and FlexLOM options
6. This requires ordering the HPE Apollo 6000 Dual FlexibleLOM Riser 757401-B21
7.This requires ordering HPE Apollo 6000 PCIe/FlexLOM Riser FIO Kit 804165-B21
8. Indicates the number of physical electrical lanes running to the connector. All PCIe slots are internal unless indicated (i.e. PCIe/FlexLOM network module option)
9. The H241 is only supported with the HPE Apollo 6000 PCIe/FlexLOM Riser FIO Kit804165-B21. Fibre Channel support requires the HPE Apollo 6000 PCIe/FlexLOM Riser FIO Kit804165-B21. The H240 controller and the embedded B140i will operate in UEFI mode only. For legacysupport, AHCI mode is required
10. Maximum of 2 accelerators are supported per XL250a tray. One accelerator enablement kit is required per accelerator. M60 RAF and M60 must be installed together
Operating systems and virtualization software support for ProLiant servers 1
NOTE: 1. Only 64-bit versions of these operating systems are supported.For more information on the HPE Certified and Supported ProLiant Servers for OS andVirtualization Software and latest listing of software drivers available for users server includinghow to purchase from HPE
Server dimensions (L x W x D)
21.15 x 8.76 x 70.79 cm (8.33 x 3.49 x 27.87 in)
Shipping dimensions (L x W x D)
95.91 x 37.80 x 27.00 cm (37.76 x 14.88 x 10.63 in)
Maximum (Maximum: two processors, six hard drives, two Accelerators)
System operating temperature
10° to 35° C (50° to 95° F)
Extended ambient operating support
40° to 45° C (104° to 113° F)
-30° to 60° C (-22° to 140° F)
Operating relative humidity
8% to 90% - Non-condensing
Non-operating relative humidity
5% to 95% - Non-condensing
3050 m (10,000 ft)
9144 m (30,000 ft)
Listed are the declared A-Weighted sound power levels (LWAd) and measured average bystander position A-Weighted sound pressure levels (LpAm) when the product is operating in a 23°C ambient environment. Noise emissions were measured in accordance with ISO 7779 (ECMA 74) and declared in accordance with ISO 9296 (ECMA 109). The listed sound levels apply to standard shipping configurations. Additional options may result in increased sound levels.
CISPR 22; EN55022; EN55024; FCC CFR 47, Pt 15; ICES-003; CNS13438; GB9254; K22;K24; EN 61000-3-2; EN 61000-3-3; EN 60950-1; IEC 60950-1
*Adds to cart & you can request a quote from the cart page