Your Cart is Empty
The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 sets the next generation standards of 2U 2-socket rack servers for the industry. With enhanced configuration flexibility, unmatched performance, and leading energy efficient design the DL380e Gen8 offers the perfect solution for the dynamic compute and storage requirements of today's demanding datacenters.
HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server Compute and storage, ideal for essential data center needs. The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 offers unprecedented configuration flexibility to suit a wide range of infrastructure sizes and compute. With enterprise-class uptime, enhanced storage performance, serviceability, and management capabilities, this dual-socket, 2U rack server is a perfect match for those looking for great value and essential features with the flexibility to boost configurations in the future.
Intel Xeon E5-2400 v2 Series Processors
New HPE Common Slot Power Supplies providing 96% server power efficiency
DL380e Gen8 8SFF
The HPE ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server provides a wide selection of controllers, drives, I/O expansion, and rear drive options for customers to meet their varying storage requirements today, with scalability to extend their solution tomorrow in a cost-effective manner.
Supports up to two Intel Xeon E5-2400 v2 processors offering improved performance, efficiency and security.
Provides flexible configuration for customers who need large storage capacity as well as those who want to benefit from the high performance storage controllers. Supports up to twenty-seven (27) 2.5-inch SFF or fourteen (14) 3.5-inch LFF SAS, SATA, or SSD drives.
Increase your storage capacity and stay ahead of data growth with HPE Dynamic Workload Acceleration, which converges storage, compute, and I/O to turbo-charge performance and eliminate bottlenecks.
DL380e Gen8 8LFF
DL380e Gen8 12LFF
The HPE ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server provides a range of features that ensure data security and high availability. It includes ECC memory protection, TPM, secured bezel, as well as redundant power supply and fan options.
Latest HPE Smart Array Controllers are designed to maximize data availability, performance and capacity.
HPE SmartMemory, with speeds up to 1600 MHz at low voltage, now prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling, while improving performance and power efficiency. Maximum memory supported is 384 GB.
HPE Common Slot Power Supplies provide 96% server power efficiency to reduce power consumption, while HPE Automated Energy Optimization reclaims space, power, and cooling resources to extend your data center capacity.
ENERGY STAR qualified server configurations illustrate a continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
DL380e Gen8 rear
Processor (One of the following depending on the model)
Cache memory(One of the following depending on the model)
Chipset(One of the following depending on the model)
On-system management chipset
HP iLO (Firmware: HP iLO 4)
Memory protection(One of the following depending on model)
Memory 5(One of the following depending on the model)
HP Ethernet 1Gb 4-port 366i Adapter
The HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 server offers the customer a quad-port NIC standard with the option to upgrade with a variety of networking options.
Storage controller (One of the following depending on the model)
Internal storage devices (One of the following depending on the model)
Maximum internal storage (One of the following depending on the model)
Integrated Matrox G200 video standard
System fans 14(One of the following depending on the model)
Form factor (One of the following depending on the model)
NOTE: 1.All support up to 1333 MHz DDR3 memory speeds.
2. All support up to 1600 MHz DDR3 memory speeds.
3. All support up to 1066 MHz DDR3 memory speeds.
HT indicates that the processor model supports Intel Hyper-Threading Technology.
Turbo2 indicates the maximum potential frequency increment when using Intel Turbo Boost Technology, with 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 cores active.
DDR3 speed is the maximum memory speed of the processor. Actual memory speed may depend on the quantity and type of DIMMs installed.
Up to 2 processors supported. Mixing different processor models is not supported.
For the Intel C600 Chipset E5-2400 Series, the letter preceding the model number indicates the Product Line (E3, E5, E7); 2400x v#, 2 = number of CPUs in a Node, 4 is socket/segment designation, 00 = Processor SKU, x = L for low power SKUs and v# (not yet designated) = version number.
4. Processor upgrade available from Intel Xeon Processors E5-2400 to E5-2400 v2. Please contact HP Technology Sales, your local HP Re-seller, or reference the following Customer Advisory: ProLiant Servers-Instructions for Upgrading an HP ProLiant Gen8 Server from an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2400 to an Intel Xeon Processor E5-2400v2, regarding critical details before upgrading. An explanation of requirements and limitations are provided. Click here for more information on HPE Technology Sales .
5. HP memory from previous generation servers are not fully compatible with the HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8 Server.To realize the performance memory capabilities listed in this document, HP SmartMemory is required. Click here to access the HP SmartMemory QuickSpecs for additional information available at https://www.hpe.com/h20195/v2/GetHTML.aspx?docname=c04111535. If only one processor is installed, only half the DIMM slots are available. UDIMM max DIMM population is 12. Depending on the memory configuration and processor model, the memory speed may run at 1600 MHz, 1333 MHz, or 1066 MHz. Click here to see Memory Population Table or the Online Memory Configuration Tool available .
6. Provides support for up to 6 SATA drives and data transmission speeds up to 3 Gb/s
7. Provides support for up to 8 SAS/SATA drives, data transmission speeds up to 6 Gb/s and includes SAS license key.
8. Provides support for up to 8 SATA drives, data transmission speeds up to 6 Gb/s and requires purchase of SAS license key for SAS mode.
9. Provides support for up to 8 SAS/SATA drives, data transmission speeds up to 6 Gb/s and includes SAS license key.
10. This option available with all 8SFF or 8LFF drive bay models.
11. The Optical Drive bay is not available with +8SFF drive bay optional upgrade.
Drive cage changes are not supported except for adding +8SFF to an existing 8SFF drive cage.Adding the rear drive cage negates the space required for secondary optional riser slots 5 & 6.All Pre-configured Models come populated with some hard drive blanks installed. Should the customer need additional hard drive blanks, they can order more using either P/N 666987-B21: HP SFF Gen8 Hard Drive Blank Kit or P/N 666986-B21: HP LFF Gen8 Hard Drive Blank Kit. These part numbers for single HDD blanks below are also provided should the customer require replacement HDD blanks for their server.
12. The SD slot is not a hot-pluggable device. Customers should not attempt to plug an SD card into the SD slot while the server is powered.
13. 12LFF and 25SFF drive cage models have 1front, 4 back and 1 internal USB ports.
14. Customers may separately purchase redundant fans with the 667855-B21 option kit. Additional fan to support redundancy are also included in -B21 processor option kits when upgrading from one processor to two processors.
Operating System (OS) and virtualization software support for ProLiant servers 1
Dimensions - with bezel (H x W x D)
Rated line voltage
Rated input current
Rated input frequency
50 to 60 Hz
Rated input power
BTU rating (maximum)
Power supply output (per power supply)
Rated steady-state power
Maximum peak power
System inlet temperature (operating)
10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F), at sea level with an altitude derating of 1.0°C per every 304.8 m (1.8°F per every 1000 ft) above sea level to a maximum of 3048 m (10,000 ft), no direct sustained sunlight. Maximum rate of change is 10°C/hr (18°F/hr). The upper limit may be limited by the type and number of options installed.
System performance may be reduced if operating with a fan fault or above 30°C (86°F).
System inlet temperature (non-operating)
-30° to +60°C (-22° to +140°F). Maximum rate of change is 20°C/hr (36°F/hr).
Relative humidity (operating)
10% to 90% relative humidity (Rh), 28°C (82.4°F) maximum wet bulb temperature, non-condensing
Relative humidity (non-operating)
5% to 95% relative humidity (Rh), 38.7°C (101.7°F) maximum wet bulb temperature, non-condensing
3048 m (10,000 ft). Maximum allowable altitude change rate is 457 m/min (1500 ft/min)
9144 m (30,000 ft). Maximum allowable altitude change rate is 457 m/min (1500 ft/min)
Acoustic noise 1
Listed are the declared A-Weighted sound power levels (LWAd) and declared average bystander position A-Weighted sound pressure levels (LpAm) when the product is operating in a 23°C ambient environment. Noise emissions were measured in accordance with ISO 7779 (ECMA 74) and declared in accordance with ISO 9296 (ECMA 109).
1. The Listed sound levels apply to standard shipping configurations. Additional options may result in increased sound levels.