Sun Ultra 2 Workstation
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Ultra 2. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Ultra 2 Workstation Overview
- 167 MHz UltraSPARC-I
200 MHz UltraSPARC-I
300 MHz UltraSPARC-II (Models 1300 and 2300)
400 MHz UltraSPARC-II (Models 1400 and 2400)
- Cache memory
- 16 Kb I / 16 Kb D
512 Kbytes external (167 MHz CPU module)
1 MB external (200 MHz CPU module)
2 MB external (300 and 400 MHz CPU modules)
- Total of 16 SIMM memory slots available
Supports up to 2 GB of main memory with 32-, 64-, and 128-MB SIMM expansion
128 MB (4 x 32-MB SIMMs), 256 MB (4 x 64-MB SIMMs), 512 MB (4 x 128-MB SIMMs), 1 GB (8 x 128-MB SIMMs), 2 GB (16 x 128-MB SIMMs)
Install SIMMs in sets of four
- Memory type
- 60-ns memory modules
- 576 bits wide
- Four audio ports: headphone(out), line-in, line-out and microphone(in) using EIA standard 0.125-inch (3.5-mm) jacks
- One ethernet/fast ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-T) twisted-pair standard connector (RJ-45) or one MII for external transceiver connection
- Keyboard and mouse
- One standard keyboard/mouse port (mini DIN-8)
- One Centronics-compatible parallel port (DB25)
- Four 32- or 64-bit, 25-MHz slots
- One 20-MB/sec, fast/wide SCSI-2 connector (68-pin)
- UPA graphics slot
- One dedicated slot 100-Mhz (UPA) slot available for Creator3D or SunElite3D m6 graphics accelerator card.
- Up to two 3.5- x 1-in., 2.1-GB, 4.2-GB, or 9.1-GB
18.2 GB maximum internal (two 9.1-GB disks)
- Optional 3.5-in. MS-DOS/IBM compatible (720 KB, 1.2 MB, 1.44 MB formatted)
- SunCD 4x, 12x, or 32x 644-MB SCSI CD-ROM
- Optional 12- to 24-GB DDS3 4-mm or 14-GB 8-mm tape; 1/4" QIC Tape
Internal Mass Storage
- AC input
- 100 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 0.4 KVA
- Input power
- 350 W
- Heat output
- 683 BTU/hr
- Operating: 5° C to 40° C (41° F to 104° F)
Nonoperating: -20° C to 55° C ( -4° F to 131° F)
- Operating: 5% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
Nonoperating: 0% to 93% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Operating: 3000 m (10,000 ft)
Nonoperating: 12,000 m (40,000 ft)
- Acoustic noise
- Operating: 5.2 bels
Idling: 5.1 bels
- Operating: 0.1G, 5 to 500 to 5 Hz, swept sine
Nonoperating: 0.5G, 5 to 500 to 5 Hz, swept sine
- Operating: 2G, 11 milliseconds, half sine pulse
Nonoperating: 15G peak, 11 milliseconds, half sine pulse
- Number of cords
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL1950, CSA C22.2 No. 950, TUV EN 60950, CB Scheme with Nordic deviations EMKO-TSE (74-SEC) 203, ZH1/618
- FCC Class B, DOC Class B, VCCI Class 2, EN 55022 Class B, EN 61000-3-2
- EN 50082-1
- DHHS 21 Subchapter J; PTB German X-ray Decree
- 13.2 cm (5.1 in.)
- 44.5 cm (16.4 in.)
- 45.7 cm (18 in.)
- 25 kg (55 lb.)
Dimensions and Weights
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Ultra 2 Workstation is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Ultra 2 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Ultra 2.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.