Sun Storedge 3960 System
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun 3960. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Storedge 3960 System Overview
- Dual-ported 10K RPM FC-AL FS-SCA-2 (3.5 in.)
- Power receptacles required
- (US) Two per cabinet NEMA L6-30P for 200-240 VAC (International) Two per cabinet 32A, single phase IEC 309 connected to 240-240 VAC
- 36 GB drives
- 2.6 TB max cabinet (72 drives) 5.8 TB max system (total of 162 drives with expansion cabinet)
- 73 GB drives
- 5.2 TB max cabinet (72 drives) 11.8 TB max system (total of 162 drives with expansion cabinet)
- 36 GB drives for RAID 5 with Hot Sparing
- 2.0 TB max cabinet
4.5 TB max system
- 73 GB drives for RAID 5 with Hot Sparing
- 4.0 TB max cabinet
9.2 TB max system
Capacity and Performance
- Operating system
- Solaris 8 Operating Environment Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 (SP6)
- Supported hardware
- Sun Enterprise 10000 server
Sun Enterprise 3500, 4500, 5500, 6500 server
Sun Fire 280R, 3800, 4800, 4810, 6800 server
Sun Enterprise 220R, 250, 420R, 450 server
Intel Pentium III or higher (Microsoft Windows NT)
- Supported host bus adapters
- Sun StorEdge PCI single fibre channel network adapter
Sun StorEdge PCI dual fibre channel network adapter
Sun StorEdge cPCI single fibre channel network adapter
Sun StorEdge cPCI dual fibre channel network adapter
- Integrated switches
- Dual fibre channel switches
- Host connect
- F port (Fabric Port)
- Maximum hosts**
- *Qualified for Windows NT and Windows 2000 environments; supported by third-party vendor.
- **2 connections per host
- AC power
- 200-240 VAC @ 47-53 Hz single phase
- Heat output maximum
- ~14,000 BTU
Note: ~26,000 BTU for 3960 system with expansion cabinet
- 5º C to 35º C (41º F to 95º F)
- -20º C to 60º C (-4º F to 140º F)
- 4.0 g for maximum duration of 11 ms (half-sinewave)
- 10.0 g for maximum duration of 11 ms (half-sinewave) X, Y, and Z axis
- 5 to 500 Hz @ 0.25 g sinusoidal
- 5 to 500 Hz @ 1.0 g sinusoidal
- 20% to 80% RH, noncondensing, max gradient 10% per hour
- 5% to 93% RH, noncondensing, max gradient 10% per hour
- -1000 ft. to + 10,000 ft. (-305 m to 3048 m)
- -1000 ft. to + 40,000 ft. (-305 m to 12,192 m)
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- FCC Class A
- UL/CSA, CE, FC-AL standards
- 1905 mm (75 in.)
- 1214.1 mm (47.8 in.)
- 939.8 mm (37 in.)
- 1295 kg (2855 lb.)
Dimensions and Weight
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Storedge 3960 System is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun 3960 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun 3960.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.