Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500 Overview
- One to 14
- 167MHZ UltraSPARC[tm]; 250MHz, 336 MHz, 400 MHz, or 464 MHz UltraSPARC II
- Cache per processor
- Primary: 16-KB instruction, and 16-KB data on chip Secondary: Up to 8 MB external cache
- CPU interface
- One to 14, 128-bit Ultra Port Architecture (UPA) slots
- System Interconnect
- Gigaplane[tm], 2.68 GB/sec (at 84 MHz), 3.2 GB/sec (at 100 MHz)
- Number of boards
- Maximum of eight boards per system (seven CPU/Memory boards, one I/O board)
Minimum configuration requires one CPU/Memory board and one I/O board
- CPU/Memory board
- Holds up to two processors and 16 memory SIMMs
- SBus I/O board
- Offers two SBus channels, three SBus slots, SunFastEthernet[tm], fast/wide SCSI-2, two FC-AL sockets
- Graphics I/O board
- Offers one SBus channel, two SBus slots, one UPA slot for Creator and Creator3D graphics, SunFastEthernet, fast/wide SCSI-2, two FC-AL sockets
- PCI I/O board
- Offers four PCI channels, two (short) PCI slots, SunFastEthernet, fast/wide SCSI-2
- 64-MB to 4-GB memory capacity per CPU/Memory board
Up to 2-GB memory expansion options (each a group of 8 SIMMs)
- One ethernet/fast ethernet (10BASE-T/100BASE-T) twisted-pair standard connector (RJ-45) One MII for external transceiver connection (available only on SBus and Graphics I/O boards)
- Two on-board sockets for GBIC modules (100 MB/sec, full duplex) supporting Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) (available only on SBus and Graphics I/O boards)
- Keyboard and mouse
- One standard keyboard/mouse port (mini DIN-8) on clock board
- Two PCI short slots per PCI I/O board operating at 33- or 66-MHz, 32- or 64-bit data bus width, 3.3 or 5 volts (Note: Install appropriate voltage riser card in slot before installing PCI card.)
- Three slots operating at 25-MHz, 64-bit data bus width
- Two RS-232C/RS423 serial ports (DB25) on clock board
- One 20-MB/sec, 68-pin, fast/wide SCSI-2 (synchronous) per I/O board
- Internal disk
- Up to four disk boards, each with two 2.1-, 4.2-, 9.1-, or 18.2-GB disks
- Internal tape
- 8mm, 4mm, and 1/4" tape options available
- SunCD[tm] 32 drive standard (last order December 2000)
10X DVD-ROM drive standard (capable of reading CD-ROM media only)
Internal Mass Storage
- One 184-watt Peripheral Power Supply standard. Up to four hot swappable 300-watt Power Cooling Modules (PCM) with redundant, dual-speed fans. One PCM required per two systems boards. Fully-redundant power and cooling available on this system.
- AC input
- 200 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 24 A(max)
- Input power
- 3500 W
- Heat output
- 12,000 BTU/hr
- Operating: 5° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F)
Nonoperating: -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F)
- Operating: 20% to 80% relative humidity, noncondensing
Nonoperating: 5% to 93% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Operating: 3000 m (10,000 ft.)
Nonoperating: 12,000 m (40,000 ft.)
- Number of cords
- *Maximum operating temperature is 35°C (95°F) when using tape media.
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 1950, CSA 950, TUV EN60950, CB Scheme (Nordic Deviation)
- FCC Class A, DOC Class A, EN55022 Class A, VCCI Class 1
- 173 cm (68.3 in.)
188 cm (75.3 in.) shipping
- 77 cm (30 in.)
99 cm (39 in.) shipping
- 99 cm (39 in.)
113 cm (44.5 in.) shipping
- 375 kg (835 lb.) approximate
415 kg (910 lb.) approximate shipping
- Power Cord
- 4 m (13.1 ft.)
Dimensions and Weights
- 122 cm (48 in.)
- 92 cm (36.2 in.)
- 0 cm (0 in.)
- 0 cm (0 in.)
- *There are no side clearance requirements during operation. However, to access and remove side panels, allow approximately 31 cm (12 in.) of space on the sides.
Clearance and Service Access
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500 is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun SPARC Enterprise 5500.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.