Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500 Overview
- Number of processors
- One to 14
- Superscalar SPARC Version 9, UltraSPARC
- Cache per processor
- Primary: 16-KB instruction, and 16-KB data on chip
Secondary: 4 or 8 MB external cache
- CPU interface
- One to 14, 128-bit Ultra Port Architecture (UPA) slots
- System Interconnect
- Gigaplane, 2.68 GB/sec (at 84 MHz), 3.2 GB/sec (at 100 MHz)
- Number of boards
- Maximum of eight boards per system; minimum configuration requires one CPU/Memory board and one I/O board
- CPU/Memory Boards
- Holds up to two processors and 16 memory DIMMs
- SBus I/O board
- Offers two SBus channels, three SBus slots, SunFastEthernet, Fast/Wide SCSI-2, two FC-AL sockets
- Graphics I/O board
- Offers one SBus channel, two SBus slots, one UPA slot for Creator3D graphics, SunFastEthernet, Fast/Wide SCSI-2, two FC-AL sockets
- PCI I/O board
- Offers four PCI channels, two (short) PCI slots, SunFastEthernet, Fast/Wide SCSI-2
- Main Memory
- 1-GB to 28-GB memory capacity per system. Memory expansion options: 1-GB and 2-GB memory (each a group of 8 DIMMs
- Two RS-232/423 ports on clock board
- 64-bit data bus width, 25 MHz
- 64-bit data bus width, 66 MHz
- Keyboard and mouse port
- One each per system
- 10/100 MB/sec twisted pair standard, (10-BaseT and 100-BaseT) and/or MII transceiver per I/O board
- On-board 20-MB/sec Fast/Wide SCSI-2 (synchronous) per I/O board
- Fibre channel
- Two on-board sockets (100 MB/sec full duplex) per SBus and Graphics I/O boards
- Internal disk
- Up to four 36.4-GB disk boards, each with two SCSI disk drives. In addition, the rack version supports more than 2-TB of storage in the system cabinet.
- Internal tape
- 8mm and 4mm tape options available
- DVD 10 drive standard (capable of reading CD-ROM media only)
- External storage
- Supports over 20-TB of storage
Mass Storage and Media
- 17- to 24-in color monitors
- Frame Buffer
- PGX32, Elite3D, and Creator3D frame buffer
- SBus options
- SunFastEthernet, SunATM 155 and 622, Sun Quad FastEthernet, Differential Fast/Wide Intelligent SCSI-2 (DWIS/S), Single-Ended Fast/Wide Intelligent SCSI-2 (SWIS/S), High-Speed Serial Interface (HSI/S), Token Ring Interface (TRI/S), Single- and Dual-Attach FDDI, Serial Parallel Controller (SPC/S), 100BaseT Fast/Wide SCSI, ISDN, Fast Differential SCSI-2 Buffered Ethernet (DSBE/S), Fast SCSI-2 Buffered Ethernet (FSBE/S), Sun Gigabit Ethernet, FC-AL, Ultra Differential Fast/Wide Intelligent SCSI
- PCI options
- 10/100BaseT Fast/Wide UltraSCSI, 10/100BaseT FastEthernet, Quad FastEthernet, Single- and Dual-Attach FDDI, Token Ring, High Speed Serial Interface, Serial Asynchronous Interface, Gigabit Ethernet Network, SunATM 155 and 622, High Performance Interface Board (HIPPI/I)
- Power Supplies
- One 184-watt Peripheral Power Supply standard. Up to four hot swappable 300-watt Power Cooling Modules (PCM) with redundant, dual-speed fans. One PCM required per two systems boards. Fully-redundant power and cooling available on this system.
- Availability features
- Automatic System Recovery
CPU Power Control
Redundant Power and Cooling
Hot-swap Power/Cooling Modules
Hardware Failure Prediction
Remote Power Control
- AC power
- 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 12A
- 5° C to 40° C (41° F to 104° F) 20% to 80% relative humidity, noncondensing
- -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F) 5% to 93% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 1950, CSA 950, TUV EN60950, CB Scheme (Nordic Deviation)
- FCC Class A, DOC Class A, EN55022 Class A, VCCI Class 1
- 34 cm (13.5 in.)
- 50 cm (19.7 in.)
- 56 cm (22 in.)
- 68 kg (150 lb.) approximate
- Power cord
- 1.83 m (6 ft.)
Dimensions and Weight: Tabletop
- 187 cm (73.5 in.)
- 61 cm (24 in.)
- 93 cm (36.5 in.)
- 227 kg (500 lb.) approximate
- Power cord
- 4.6 m (15 ft.)
Dimensions and Weight: Rack Version
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500 is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun SPARC Enterprise 4500.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.