Sun Fire V890 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire V890 Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire V890 Server Overview
- Combine up to eight 2.1 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors.
Combine up to eight 1.8 GHz and/or 1.5GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors and/or 1.35 GHz UltraSPARC IV processors.
- Superscalar SPARC V9, ECC protected
- Cache per UltraSPARC IV+ processor
- Level 1: 64-KB data and 64-KB instruction per pipeline
Level 2: 2 MB on-chip
Level 3: 32 MB external
- Main Memory
- A system maximum of 128 GB when configured with eight processors
- 1-Gb Ethernet and 10/100Base-T Ethernet
- FC-AL disk controller
- Two EIA-232D or EIA-423 serial ports (DB25) via splitter cable
- Expansion capability
- Nine full-sized, hot-plug PCI slots compliant with PCI specification Revision 2.1 (2 @ 66 MHz, 64 bits wide, 3.3 volts; 7 @ 33 MHz, 64 bits wide, 5 volts)
- Two (compliant with USB Revision 1.0)
- Internal tape
- Optional 12-GB DDS-3 or 20-GB DDS-4 SCSI drive(s) via X6758A adapter and X912A cable options
- Internal disk
- Up to 12 3.5" x 1.0" 15K-RPM FC-AL disks (146-GB capacity) providing a maximum total capacity of 1.75 TB
- External disk
- Sun StorageTek D240
Sun StorageTek S1
Sun StorageTek 3120
Sun StorageTek 3310 SCSI RAID/JBOD
Sun StorageTek 3320
Sun StorageTek 3510 FC RAID/JBOD
Sun StorageTek 3511
Sun StorageTek 6140 Array
Sun StorageTek 6920
Sun StorageTek 9910/9960/9970/9980
- External tape
- Sun StorageTek DAT 72 desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek LT0-2 desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek LT0 2V desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek LT0-3 desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek SDLT 320 desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek SDLT 600 desktop tape drive
Sun StorageTek C2
Sun StorageTek C4
Sun StorageTek SL500
Sun StorageTek SL700/SL1400 tape library
Sun StorageTek SL8500 tape library
Mass Storage and Media
- Two required, three for redundancy, each with independent power cord.
- Maximum AC input
- 3200 W per system
- Maximum DC output
- 2509 W per system
- AC power
- 200-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 2078 VA
- Operating temperature
- 5° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F), 20% to 80% relative humidity, non condensing, 27° C max. wet bulb
2.1 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processor: ASHRAE Class 3 (35C/900m) and/or 28C/10kft
- Non operating temperature
- -20° C to 60° C (-4° F to 140° F), 95% at 40° C relative humidity, non condensing
- 714 mm (28.1 in.) with casters 700 mm (27.6 in.) without casters (rackmounting does not require the removal of casters)
- 480 mm (18.9 in.)
- 836 mm (32.9 in.)
- 88.1 kg (194.0 lb.) (min.)
130.9 kg (288.0 lb.) (fully configured)
Dimensions and Weight
- Key RAS Features
- Hot-pluggable disk drives and PCI cards
N+1 power supply redundancy
Hot-swappable power supplies
Redundant, hot-swappable fan trays
Environmental monitoring and fault protection
Automatic System Recovery (ASR)
Remote Lights Out Management capability
Support for disk and network multipathing with automatic failover capability
Dual-loop enabled FC-AL mass storage system
Error correction and parity checking for improved data integrity
Key RAS Features
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL/CSA-60950-1, EN60950-1, IEC60950-1 CB Scheme with all country deviations, IEC825-1, 2, CFR21 part 1040, CNS14336
- EN55022 Class A, 47 CFR 15B Class A, ICES Class A, VCCI Class A, AS/NZ 3548 Class A, CNS 13438 Class A, KSC 5858 Class A, GB 9254 Class A, EN61000-3-2, GB 17625.1, EN61000-3-3
- X-ray (for monitors)
- DHHS 21 Subchapter J; PTB German X-ray Decree
- Regulatory markings
- CE, FCC, ICES-003, C-tick, VCCI, GOST-R, BSMI, MIC, UL/cUL, UL/S-mark
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive 2002/95/EC Labeled per Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire V890 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire V890 Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire V890 Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.