Sun Fire V880z Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire V880z Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire V880z Server Overview
- 1.2-GHz UltraSPARC III processor
- Cache per processor
- Primary: 64 KB data and 32 KB instruction on chip Secondary: 8 MB external
- Processor modules
- 1-4 dual-processor/memory modules
- Up to 48 GB with six UltraSPARC processors and a single Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator installed
Up to 32 GB with four UltraSPARC processors and dual Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerators installed
- Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100-BaseT Ethernet ports
- FC-AL disk controller
- Two RS-232C/RS-423 serial ports (DB25) via splitter cable
- Two USB ports
- Nine full-sized, hot-swappable PCI slots compliant with PCI specification Revision 2.1:
Two at 66 MHz, 64 bits wide, 3.3 volts
Seven at 33 MHz, 64 bits wide, 5 volts
- Host adapters
- Internal SCSI to support the internal DVD and two optional removable media devices
Up to nine PCI-to-dual FC-AL adapters or PCI-to-Ultra SCSI adapters
- Internal tape
- Optional 12 GB DDS-3 or 20 GB DDS-4 single drive
- Internal disk
- Up to twelve 3.5-in. x 1.0-in. 10,000 RPM FC-AL disks, 73 GB capacity
- Optional Sun monitors from 1995 onward (17-, FP18-, 19-, 20-, 21-, and 24-inch)
- Frame buffer
- Up to two Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerators
- Keyboard and mouse
- USB keyboard and mouse
- PCI options
- One 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet port, FC-AL, Sun Quad FastEthernet, token ring, ATM-155, ATM-622, SONET network interface, SSL accelerator, high-speed serial, Ultra SCSI with 10/100-MBps Ethernet, dual-channel single-ended UltraSCSI, dual-channel differential UltraSCSI, combination dual Fast Ethernet, and dual SCSI
- Sun Fire V880z system:
100 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 Hz, 1.48 KVA
14.8 A/power cord at 100VAC
12.3 A/power cord at 120VAC
6.15 A/power cord at 240VAC
- Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator:
Maximum power: 315 W
Normal operation: 238.12 W
- AC power
- 100 - 240 VAC, 47 - 63 HZ, 1.48 KVA
- Operating temperature
- 5° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F), 20% to 80% relative humidity, noncondensing, 27° C max. wet bulb
- Non operating temperature
- -20° C to 60 C (-4° F to 140° F), 5% to 93% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 60950, CSA C22.2 EN 60950 (from UL), TUV 60950, UL CD scheme IEC 950 (CE mark), GOST
- RFI/EMI FCC Immunity
- Class A: Australia/New Zealand AS/NZ 3548
Industry Canada ICES-003
European Community EN55022/CISPR22
Taiwan CNS 13438
US FCC 47CFR15.B
- US DHHS 21 CFR Subchapter J, PTB German X-ray Decree (for monitors)
- Regulatory Markings
- CE, FCC, ICES-003, C-tick, VCCI, GOST-R, BSMI, EK, UL/cUL, TUV-GS
- Sun Fire Visualization server:
- 714 mm (28.1 in.) with casters
700 mm (27.6 in.) without casters
- 480 mm (18.9 in.)
- 826 mm (32.9 in.)
- 88.1 kg (194.0 lb.) (minimum, approximate)
135.6 kg (299.0 lb.) (maximum, approximate)
- Rack-mount enclosure
- Fits into 19-, 23-, 24-in., and 600 mm standard racks
- Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator:
- 8.3 cm (8.2 in.)
- 9.1 cm (1.8 in.)
- 20.3 cm (19.4 in.)
Dimensions and Weight
- The Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerator features:
Up to two Sun XVR-4000 graphics accelerators per Sun Fire V880z visualization server
144 MB of frame buffer memory
1 GB (4 x 256 MB) of texture memory
Anti-aliasing through dedicated, 5 x 5 programmable radial filter chips
Maximum 3-D resolution of 1920 x 1200 @ 75 Hz with 4 samples/pixel or 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz with 8 samples/pixel
Maximum 3-D stereo resolution of 1280 x 1024 @ 112 Hz with 4 samples/pixel
Multidisplay capability at dual 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz with 4 samples/pixel or dual 1280 x 1024 @ 112 Hz (non-aliased stereo)
Dynamic video resizing for guaranteed frame rates
S-video output for recording entire displays in NTSC/PAL format
Framelock for synchronizing multiple displays
Genlock for synchronizing to an external video source or for synchronizing buffer swaps between multiple graphic frame buffers
Support for two asynchronous video streams using dual 13W3 video output with 10-bit per color channel
Adjustable gamma correction (12-bit in and 10-bit out and one 3 x 1024 x 10-bit adjustable gamma correction table for each video stream)
Multiple hardware color maps (four 3 x 256 x 10-bit color maps for each video stream)
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire V880z Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire V880z Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire V880z Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.