Sun Fire V880 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire V880 Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire V880 Server Overview
- 1.2 GHz UltraSPARC® III
- Superscalar SPARC 9
- Processor modules
- 1-4 dual-processor/memory modules
- Memory management
- 128 (16 KB pages, two-way associative) plus 16 fully associative entries 512 (16 KB pages, two-way associative) plus 16 fully associative entries
- Cache (on chip)
- 64-KB data and 32-KB instruction
- Secondary (L2)
- 8 MB external
- Gigabit Ethernet and 10/100-BaseT Ethernet
- FC-AL disk controller
- Two RS-232C/RS-423 serial ports (DB25) via splitter cable
- Expansion capability
- Nine full-sized, hot-swap, PCI slots compliant with PCI specification Revision 2.1: two at 66 MHz, 64 bits wide, 3.3 volts; seven at 33 MHz, 64 bits wide, 5 volts
- Host adaptors
- Internal SCSI to support the internal DVD and two optional, removable media device(s)
- Internal tape
- Optional 12 GB DDS-3 or 20 GB DDS-4 single drive(s)
- Internal disk
- Each base configuration has six 73 GB drives. Also, there is an optional expansion disk backplane with six disks; 6x73 GB or 6x146 GB. Maximum total disk storage is 1.3 TB
- External disk systems
- Sun StorEdge MultiPacks, both SCSI and FC
Sun StorEdge A1000
Sun StorEdge D1000
Sun StorEdge D2
Sun StorEdge 3900 series
Sun StorEdge A3500, both SCSI and FC
Sun StorEdge A5100/A5200
Sun StorEdge S1
Sun StorEdge T3
Sun StorEdge 6900 series
Sun StorEdge 9900 series
- External tape systems
- SCSI tape devices via a SCSI host bus adapter:
Sun StorEdge 12 GB DDS-3 UniPack
Sun StorEdge 20GB DDS-4 UniPack
Sun StorEdge DDS-3 FlexiPack
Sun StorEdge DLT8000 FlexiPack
Sun StorEdge SDLT 220 desktop tape drive
Sun StorEdge SDLT 320 desktop tape drive
Sun StorEdge L7 tape autoloader
Sun StorEdge L8 tape autoloader
Sun StorEdge L25 tape library
Sun StorEdge L100 tape library
Sun StorEdge L180 tape library
Sun StorEdge L700 tape library
(Utilization of the Sun StorEdge L180 and L700 tape libraries may be limited by the number of SCSI host bus adapters and buses available for connection to the server.)
- Host adapters
- Up to nine PCI-to-dual FC-AL adapters or PCI-to-Ultra SCSI adapters
Mass Storage Media
- Optional, Sun monitors from 1995 onward (17-, FP18-, 19-, 20-, 21-, and 24-inch)
- Frame buffer
- Sun PGX32 or PGX64 8/24-bit
- Keyboard and mouse
- USB keyboard and mouse
- PCI I/O options
- Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100-MBps Ethernet, FC-AL, Quad FastEthernet, token ring, FDDI, ATM-155, ATM-622, high-speed serial, Ultra SCSI with 10/100-MBps Ethernet, dual-channel differential Ultra SCSI, dual Ultra3SCSI, SONET network adapter, SSL Accelerator, Expert3D-Lite and XVR-500 Graphics Accelerators
- Maximum AC input
- 1500 W per power supply
- Maximum DC input
- 1100 W per power supply
- AC power
- 100-240 VAC, 47-63 HZ, 1.48 KVA
- Operating temperature
- 5° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F), 20% to 80% relative humidity, noncondensing, 27° C max. wet bulb
- Non operating temperature
- -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F), 5% to 93% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 60950, CSA C22.2 EN 60950 (from UL), TUV 60950, UL CD scheme IEC 950 (CE mark), GOST
- Class A: Australia/New Zealand AS/NZ 3548, Industry Canada ICES-003, European Community EN55022/CISPR22, Japan VCCI, Taiwan CNS 13438, and US FCC 47CFR15.B
- EN55024, i.e. EN61000 -4-2, EN61000 -4-3, EN61000 -4-4, EN61000 -4-5,EN61000-4-6, EN61000-4-8, and EN61000-4-11
- US DHHS 21 CFR Subchapter J, PTB German X-ray Decree
- X-ray (for monitors)
- DHHS 21 Subchapter J; PTB German X-ray Decree
- 714 mm (28.1 in.) with casters. Rack-mounting does not require the removal of casters
- 480 mm (18.9 in.)
- 826 mm (32.9 in.)
- 88.1 kg (194.0 lb.) (minimum, approximate)
130.9 kg (288.0 lb.) (maximum, approximate
- Fits into a standard 19-inch-wide rack that complies with EIA-310-D-1992 Standard, 34-inch depth rail-to-rail, or third-party commercial racks with depths of 39-inches or greater. To facilitate rack mounting, heavier components such as power supplies may be removed.
Dimensions and Weight
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire V880 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire V880 Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire V880 Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.