Sun Fire V480 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire V480 Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire V480 Server Overview
- 1.05/1.2 GHz UltraSPARC III Cu
- Superscalar SPARC V9
- Processor modules
- One or two dual-processor memory modules
- Cache (on chip)
- 64 KB data and 32 KB instruction
- Secondary cache (L2)
- 8 MB external
- System Interconnect
- Sun Fireplane interconnect, 9.6 GBps
- Up to 32 GB main memory
- Up to 2 hot-swap disk drives
- Up to 6 PCI slots
- A system maximum of 32 GB when configured with four processors
- Two 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet ports
- FC-AL disk controller, two USB ports
- RJ45 serial port
- Six 64-bit PCI slots compliant with PCI specification Revision 2.1:
Two at 66 MHz, 3.3 volts
Four at 33 MHz, 5 volts
- Host adapters
- Internal IDE to support the internal DVD-ROM drive
- Internal disk
- Two 3.5-inch x 1.0-inch 10,000 RPM FC-AL disks, 73 GB drive
- Internal DVD
- DVD-ROM drive
- External disk
- Sun StorEdge MultiPack systems
Sun StorEdge A1000
Sun StorEdge D1000
Sun StorEdge A5200
Sun StorEdge T3
Sun StorEdge D2
Sun StorEdge S1
Sun StorEdge 3900/6900
Sun StorEdge 9900
- External tape
- SCSI tape devices via a SCSI host bus adapter:
Sun StorEdge 12 GB DDS-3 UniPack
Sun StorEdge DDS-3 Autoloader FlexiPack
Sun StorEdge 20 GB DDS-4 UniPack
Sun StorEdge DL T8000 FlexiPack
Sun StorEdge L9 tape autoloader
Sun StorEdge L20 tape library family
Sun StorEdge L180 tape library
Sun StorEdge L700 tape library
Sun StorEdge L5500 tape library
Sun StorEdge L6000 tape library
(Utilization of the Sun StorEdge L180 and L700 tape libraries may be limited by the number of SCSI host bus adapters and buses available for connection to the server).
Mass Storage and Media
- Optional: Sun monitors from 1995 and later (17-, FP18-, 21-, and 24-inch monitors)
- Frame buffer
- Sun PGX64 8/24-bit
- Keyboard and mouse port
- USB keyboard and mouse
- PCI options
- Gigabit Ethernet, 10/100-MBps Ethernet, dual-channel FC-AL disks, single-channel FC-AL, Quad FastEthernet, token ring, FDDI, ATM-155, ATM-622, high-speed serial, Ultra SCSI with 10/100-MBps Ethernet, dual-channel single-ended Ultra SCSI, dual-channel differential Ultra SCSI
- One required, two for redundancy, each with independent power cord
- Maximum AC input
- 1440 W per power supply
- Maximum DC input
- 1184 W per power supply
- AC power
- 100-240 VAC, 47-63 Hz, 0.895 KVA
- 5° C to 35º C (41º F to 95º F), 20% to 80% relative temperature humidity, noncondensing, 27º C maximum wet bulb
- -20º C to 60º C (-4º F to 140º F), 5% to 95% relative temperature humidity, noncondensing
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 1950, CB Scheme IEC 950 (CE Mark), CSA C22.2 950 (from UL), TUV EN 60950
- Class A:
Australia/New Zealand AS/NZ 3548
Industry Canada ICES-003
European Community EN55022/CISPR22
Taiwan CNS 13438
US FCC 47CFR15.B
- EN55024, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-6, EN61000-4-8, EN61000-4-11, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3
- 5 RU, 222 mm (8.75 in.)
- 446 mm (17.5 in.)
- 610 mm (24.0 in.)
- Minimum: 35.8 kg (79 lb.)
Fully configured: 44 kg (97 lb.)
- Power cord
- 4.0 m (13.13 ft.)
- Rack-mount enclosure
- Fits into a standard 19-in. wide rackmount kit that complies with EIA-310-D-1992 standard or a 72-in. high Sun StorEdge rack, which supports six Sun Fire V480 servers.
Dimensions and Weight
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire V480 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire V480 Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire V480 Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.