Sun Fire E2900 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire E2900 Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire E2900 Server Overview
- Combine up to twelve 1.95 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors and/or 1.8 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ and/or 1.5 GHz UltraSPARC IV+ processors and/or 1.35 GHz UltraSPARC IV processors
- Superscalar SPARC V9, ECC protected
- Cache per UltraSPARC IV+ processor
- Level 1: 64 KB data and 64 KB instruction per pipeline
Level 2: 2 MB on-chip
Level 3: 32 MB external
- Processor/memory boards
- Up to three CPU/memory boards*, with four processors each, and up to 64 GB per board; maximum 12 processors per server
*The Sun Fire E2900 server CPU/memory board is common, and therefore interchangeable, with the Sun Fire V1280 server. However, these boards are not identical to and thus not inter-changeable with the Sun Fire E4900–E25K server Uniboard technology.
- Main Memory
- Up to 192 GB per system
- Six short PCI-X slots (64-bit 100 MHz,3.3V)
One integrated Ultra-320 SCSI (one internal and one external port)
Two Gigabit Ethernet ports with another two on a separate grid
- System interconnect
- 9.6-GB/sec. Sun Fireplane interconnect. System bus with redundant data, address and response crossbar interconnect
- System bandwidth
- 9.6-GB/sec. sustained bandwidth, 31.2-GB/sec. aggregate bandwidth
- Two 146-GB 15K rpm Ultra3-SCSI internal disks
DVD-ROM internal drive
Tape drive (optional)
- External compatibility
- Direct attach to Sun StorageTek tape libraries and disk arrays, including: Sun StorageTek 3000, 6000, and 9000 families, providing excellent linear scalability x
- Solaris Resource Manager, Solaris Bandwidth Manager
- AC power
- 200-240V single phase AC, 47-63 Hz, with two 11/13 Amp circuits redundant with another two on a separate grid
- 22° C (72° F) at 45% non condensing humidity
- 5° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F) at 10% to 80% non condensing humidity
- Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft.)
Up to 2,134 m (7,000 ft.) for 1.8GHz and 1.95 GHz UltraSPARC IV+
- 52.7 cm (20.75 in.)12RU
- 44.5 cm (17.5 in.)
- 55.8 cm (22.0 in.) excluding cable arm
- 110-132 kg (240-290 lb.)
- Rackmount enclosure
- All Sun racks and most third-party 24-in. (600 mm) and deeper racks, two per 4-post rack, one per 2-post rack
Dimensions and Weight
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL 60950, third-edition USA CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-00, Canada EN 60950, third-edition, Europe S Mark, Argentina Gost-R, Russia CB Scheme with all national deviations
- EN55022 Class A, Europe EN6100-3-2 / 3-3, Europe FCC Class A, USA ICES-003 Class A, Canada VCCI Class A, Japan CNS-13438, (BSMI-Taiwan) AS/NZ 3548 (C-tick), Australia Gost-R, Russia
- All European requirements EN55024, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-5, EN61000- 4-6, EN61000-4-8, EN61000-4-11, and EN300-386
- Regulatory markings
- CE, FCC, ICES-003, C-tick, VCCI, Gost-R, BSMI, UL/cUL/S Mark, TUV-GS, MIC, RoHS
- Key RAS Features
- Dynamic Reconfiguration (DR) of processor/memory boards, hot CPU upgrades, redundant Sun Fireplane interconnect, redundant network connections, hot-swap disks, smart fans, 2N redundant hot-swap power supplies, Auto Diagnosis & Recovery, hardened operating system kernel, hardened I/O drivers, Systems Configuration Card, proactive self diagnostics, end-to-end data integrity including ECC, CPU off-lining, memory page retirement, after-kernel hot patching, and cluster support.
Key RAS Features
- Remote Services
- SRS Net Connect
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire E2900 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire E2900 Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire E2900 Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.