Sun Fire 280R Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Fire 280R Server. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Fire 280R Server Overview
- 1.2 GHz UltraSPARC® III
- Superscalar SPARC® v9
- Memory management
- MMU with 64 I-TLB entries and 64 D-TLB entries, 8192 hardware-supported contexts
- 64-KB data and 32-KB instruction on chip Secondary: 8-MB external
- Main memory
- Total of 8 DIMM memory slots available 256- or 512MB; or 1-GB expansion (8 GB maximum) Note: Install DIMMs in groups of four.
- Ethernet/Fast Ethernet, twisted pair standard (10-BaseT and 100-BaseT)
- 40MB/sec UltraSCSI (SCSI-3)(synchronous)
- Two RS-232C/RS-423 serial ports (DB25)
- Centronics-compatible parallel port-(DB25) (ECP mode capable)
- Expansion bus
- Four full-size PCI slots, three at 33 MHz, one at 33 or 66 MHz; USB and HSSDC copper FC-AL connector
- Host Adapters
- Internal SCSI (Fast/Narrow) to support DVD
- Internal DVD
- Internal CD
- Optional SunCD32, 32X-speed, Photo CD compatible
- Internal tape
- Optional 12- to 24-GB DDS-3 4-mm, 20- to 40-GB DDS-4 4-mm
- Internal disk
- Up to two 3.5- x 1.0-in. fibre-channel disks (73GB formatted), 10,000 rpm
- External disk
- Supports Sun StorEdge D2, S1, A1000, D1000, T3, A5200 disk arrays; Sun StorEdge 3900/6900/9900 series storage systems; Sun StorEdge D240 Media Tray
- External tape
- SCSI tape device from external onboard SCSI Supports up to four SCSI tape devices (total 8-mm, 4-mm DDS-2, DDS-3, DLT. QIC)
Mass Storage and Media
- 17.6cm (6.95 in.)
- 43.8cm (17.25 in.)
- Depth (excluding bezel)
- 69.2 cm (27.25 in.)
- Fits into a standard commercial 19-inch wide, 36-inch deep rack
Dimensions and Weights
- One or two N+1 redundant, hot-swap universal input (one supply standard); individual power cords
- Maximum DC output
- 560 W
- Power bus
- Common, load-sharing
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Fire 280R Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Fire 280R Server will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Fire 280R Server.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at email@example.com to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.