Sun Blade 6048 Modular System
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Sun Blade 6048 Modular System. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Blade 6048 Modular System Overview
- Server Modules
- Up to 12 per shelf, 48 per chassis
- Filler Panels
- 47 server module, eight PCIe NEM, 96 PCIe ExpressModule
- I/O Interfaces
- Each installed server module has a direct connection to two PCIe ExpressModules for discrete I/O connectivity, and to two PCIe NEMs for aggregate I/O connectivity
Sun Blade 6048 Chassis
- PCIe ExpressModules
- Up to 24 per shelf, 96 per chassis:
1 Gigabit Ethernet dual-port PCIe ExpressModule – copper (Intel 82571EB GbE controller-based)
1 Gigabit Ethernet dual-port PCIe ExpressModule – fiber (Intel 82571EB GbE controller-based)
1 Gigabit Ethernet quad-port PCIe ExpressModule – copper (Intel 82571EB GbE controller-based)
1 Gigabit Ethernet quad-port ExpressModule – copper (Sun Neptune)
10 Gigabit Ethernet dual-port PCIe ExpressModule – fiber (Sun Neptune)
4 Gbps Fibre Channel dual-port PCIe ExpressModule (Qlogic ISP2432 FC controller-based)
4 Gbps Fibre Channel dual-port PCIe ExpressModule (Emulex Zephyr IOC FC controller-based)
4x InfiniBand SDR dual-port PCIe ExpressModule (Mellanox MT25208 InfiniHost III Ex controller-based)
4x InfiniBand DDR, no-memory, dual-port PCIe ExpressModule (Mellanox ConnectX based)
- PCIe Network Express Modules
- Up to two per shelf, eight per chassis:
Sun Blade 6048 Gigabit Ethernet 12-port passthrough NEM (NEM12)
Sun Blade 6048 InfiniBand Switched NEM (occupies two NEM slots) - including 12 Gigabit Ethernet passthrough ports
- Chassis Monitoring Module (CMM)
- One per shelf, four per Sun Blade 6048 modular system:
Facilitates remote connection to the service processor on each server module
Consolidates cabling by providing a single management connection per shelf
Helps ensure complete remote lights-out manageability of the whole chassis
Provides an optional aggregate point for monitoring of chassis fans and power supplies with the CMM's own ILOM module
- Operating Temperature
- 5° to 32° C (41° to 90° F) noncondensing
- Optimum (Operating) Ambient Temperature
- 23° C (73.4° F)
- Nonoperating Temperature
- -40° to 65° C (-40° to 149° F) noncondensing
- Operating Humidity
- 10–90 % relative humidity, noncondensing, 27° C max. wet bulb
- Optimum (operating) Humidity
- 45–50% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Nonoperating Humidity
- 5–93 % relative humidity; noncondensing, 38° C max. wet bulb
- Operating Altitude
- 0–3,048m (0–10,000 ft.); maximum ambient temperature is derated by 1° C per 300m (984 ft.) above 900m (2,953 ft.)
- Nonoperating Altitude
- 0–12,000m (0–39,370 ft.)
- Operating Sine Vibration
- Z (vertical axis): 0.15 G
X/Y axis: 0.1G, 5-500 Hz sine
- Nonoperating Sine Vibration
- Z (vertical axis): 0.5 G
X/Y axis: 0.25G, 5-500 Hz sine
- Operating Shock
- 3 Gs
11 msec, half sine
- Power Supply Modules
- Eight per chassis (two per shelf) — high-efficiency, hot-swappable, 1 + 1 redundant, load balancing
- 8,400 W Configuration
- 1 + 1 PSU rating, 8,400 W each power supply module, six AC inputs per shelf, 24 per chassis
- 5,600 W Configuration
- Connect four AC inputs per shelf, 16 per chassis
- 200–240 V AC
- 50–60 Hz
- 16A per input
- AC Input Connections
- Americas/domestic - NEMA L6-20P to EC320-C19M; international - IEC309 to IEC320-C19
- Meets or exceeds the following requirements:
- UL approved to UL 60950 and C22.2 No. 60950, UL Demko approval to EN60950-1 and CB , Report IEC 950 Third Edition; including all amendments and full worldwide deviations, GOST Certification for Russia, Korean MIC Certification, China CCC Mark for power supply (system is exempt, since it is rated greater than 1,300 W), CE Declaration of Conformity to The Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive and Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC, IRAM S-Mark for power supply (system is exempt, due to class of equipment), CNS 14336 (Taiwan)
- Laser Product and Optical I/O:
- FCC registration to Code of Federal Regulations 21 CFR 1040-Lasers, TUV approval to IEC 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products, Canadian Radiation Emitting Devices Act REDR C1370
- Electromagnetic Interference
- CFR 47 Part 15 (Code of Federal Regulations, Part 15, Subpart B) Class A, EN55022:2006 Class A per EMC Directive 2004/108/EEC (CE Mark), VCCI Class A, Industry Canada ICES-003, AS/NZ 3548 (Australia/New Zealand), CNS 13438 (Taiwan)
- EN55024:1998 +A1:2001 +A2:2003 per EMC Directive 2004/108/ EEC, including: IEC 61000-4-2 Electrostatic discharge immunity test, IEC 61000-4-3 Radiated, radio-frequency, electromagnetic field immunity test, IEC 61000-4-4 Electrical fast transient/burst immunity test, IEC 61000-4-5 Surge immunity test, IEC 61000-4-6 Immunity to conducted disturbances, induced by radio-frequency fields, IEC61000-4-8 Power frequency magnetic field immunity test, IEC 61000-4-11 Voltage dips, short interruptions, and voltage variations immunity tests
- Line Distortion
- EN 61000-3-2 per EMC Directive 89/336/EEC
- Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
- EN 61000-3-3 per EMC Directive 89/336/EEC
- 2,073mm (81.61 in.)
- 606.5mm (23.88 in.)
- 1,024.58mm (40.34 in.)
- Weight (fully configured)
- 931.45 kg (2,053.5 lbs.)
- Weight (empty chassis)
- 590 kg (1,300 lbs.)
Dimensions and Weight
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Blade 6048 Modular System is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Sun Blade 6048 Modular System will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Sun Blade 6048 Modular System.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.