IBM pSeries p680 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished 7017-S85. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
IBM pSeries p680 Server Overview
- 600MHz RS64 IV microprocessors
- *Greatly expand performance levels for SMP commercial applications
* Provide capacity to grow to 24 processors
- Copper and SOI technology
- *Provide significant performance increases over non-copper technologies
* Offer improved reliability over processors without copper while reducing the heat produced
- 16MB ECC L2 cache per processor
- *Provides increased performance and greater reliability
- Up to 96GB ECC Chipkill™ memory
- *Allows exploitation of 64-bit addressing for large database applications
* Provides growth options with much greater throughput
*Significantly lowers number of memory failures that cause system outages; thus increasing system availability
- 64-bit system architecture
- *Improves physical memory use for applications requiring faster access to large amounts of data
- Up to 56 PCI adapter slots
- *Provide growth options for significantly increased capacity
*Support many commonly used adapters for increased availability at lower cost
- Hot-swappable disk bays
- *Provide greater system availability and smooth growth by allowing swapping or adding of disk drives without powering down the system
- Redundant hot-plug power and cooling subsystems
- *Enhance system availability since cooling fans or power supplies can be changed without interrupting operations
- Built-in service processor
- *Continuously monitors system operations and takes preventive or corrective actions for quick problem resolution and high system availability
*Allows diagnostics and maintenance to be performed remotely
- Dynamic Processor Deallocation
- *Automatically deallocates resources when impending processor failures are detected so applications can continue to run uninterrupted
- Concurrent 32-and 64-bit application support
- *Allows customers to migrate to 64-bit applications at their own pace
*Protects customers' 32—bit software investments while allowing them to participate in technology enhancements
- Capacity Upgrade on Demand
- *Allows incremental processor growth to help meet unexpected workload demands
- SP™ Switch attachment
- *Allows attachment to a high-speed SP Switch providing consolidation and operational advantages in a cluster environment
- IBM eServer Cluster 1600
- *Provides centralized management of multiple systems
*Provides ability to handle unexpected workload peaks by sharing resources
*Allows for more granular growth so user demands can be readily satisfied
- Six-way 450MHz RS64 III or four-or six-way 600MHz RS64 IV
- RAM (memory)
- 4GB (Chipkill)
- Level 1 (L1)cache
- 128KB data/128KB instruction
- Memory slots
- Level 2 (L2)cache
- 8MB (450MHz)or 16MB (600MHz)per processor
- Memory bus width
- Quad 512-bit
- PCI bus width
- 32-and 64-bit
- Expansion slots
- 14 PCI (11 available)
- Media bays
- Two (one available)
- Disk drive bays
- 12 (11 available)
- Internal disk drive
- 18.2GB Ultra SCSI (hot-swappable)
- One parallel, two serial, one keyboard and one mouse
- CD-ROM drive, service processor, 1.44MB 3.5-inch diskette drive, two Ultra SCSI PCI adapters
- SMP configurations
- Up to four six-way processor books (450MHz or 600MHz)
- Up to 96GB (Chipkill)
- PCI expansion slots
- Up to 56
- Internal disk bays
- Up to 48 (hot-swappable)
- Internal disk storage
- Up to 873.6GB
- Internal media bays
- Up to eight
- SP System Attachment Adapter for use in a Cluster 1600 configuration
- Copper, SOI microprocessors
Chipkill RAM memory
ECC L2 cache
Hot-swappable disk bays
Hot-plug power supplies and cooling fans
Dynamic Processor Deallocation
Redundant power supplies and cooling fans
- 200 - 245 volts AC
- CEC enclosure: 62" H x 22.3" W x 47.3" D ((1577 mm x 565 mm x 1201 mm); 880 lbs (400 kg)*
I/O rack (36U): 71 " H x 25.4" W x 45.2" D ((1804 mm x 644 mm x 1147 mm); 535 lbs (244 kg)**
I/O rack (42U): 79.3" H x 25.4" W x 45.2" D ((2015 mm x 644 mm x 1147 mm); 575 lbs (261 kg)**
- * Fully loaded 24-way system with 96GB memory
** Empty weight; will vary when disks, adapters and other peripherals are installed
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your IBM pSeries p680 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The 7017-S85 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the 7017-S85.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.