IBM pSeries p670 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished 7040-671. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
IBM pSeries p670 Server Overview
- POWER4+ processors with L3 cache
- *Provide excellent system and application performance and high reliability for commercial applications in a small, efficient dual-processor chip
*Offer capacity to grow to 16 processors
- Copper and SOI technology
- *Improves processor performance and reliability while using less power and producing less heat to help conserve energy and help lower operational costs
- High memory and I/O bandwidth
- *Helps remove performance bottlenecks that can occur when fast processors must wait for data to be moved through the system
*Delivers increased memory bandwidth for the needs of HPC applications
- Up to 256GB ECC Chipkill™ bit-steering memory
- *Allows exploitation of 64-bit addressing for large database and HPC applications
*Provides growth options with outstanding throughput
*Significantly lowers number of memory failures that can cause system outages, thus increasing system availability
*Automatically activates memory spares when multiple memory errors are encountered
- Capacity Upgrade on Demand
- *Offers flexibility for cost-effectively and easily adding permanent processing and memory capacity to help meet workload growth—with minimal disruption
- On/Off Capacity on Demand
- *Provides temporary processor use to meet unexpected workload demands
- Capacity BackUp
- *Offers disaster recovery solution with low entry price
*Provides rapid deployment on demand in disaster situations
- Book packaging
- *Protects memory components against accidental disconnection and/or contamination
*Facilitates easier servicing
- Logical partitioning
- *Permits up to 16 UNIX or Linux servers to be consolidated on a single system, easing maintenance and administration
*Offers greater flexibility in using available capacity and dynamically matching resources to changing business requirements (requires AIX 5L v5.2)
- Up to 80 PCI/PCI-X hot-plug/blind-swap adapter slots
- *Provides growth options for significantly increased capacity
*Supports many commonly used adapters for increased availability at a lower cost
*Allows adapters to be added or removed without interrupting the system
- Hot-swappable disk bays
- *Provide greater system availability and smoother growth by allowing swapping or adding of disk drives without powering down the system
- Built-in service processor
- *Continuously monitors system operations and takes preventive or corrective action for quick problem resolution and high system availability
*Allows diagnostics and maintenance to be performed remotely
- Redundant hot-plug power and cooling subsystems
- *Enhance system availability because cooling fans and power supplies can be changed without interrupting
*Provide backup power and cooling if primary unit fails
- Dynamic processor and PCI bus slot deallocation
- *Automatically deallocates resources when impending failure is detected, so that applications continue to run uninterrupted
- IBM eServer Cluster 1600
- *Provides centralized management of multiple interconnected systems
*Provides ability to handle unexpected workload peaks by sharing resources
*Allows for more granular growth so that user demands can be readily satisfied
- 4-way SMP (one 4-way MCM); 1.50GHz POWER4+
- L3 cache
- 128MB (ECC)
- RAM (memory)
- Disk bays
- 16 hot-swappable via one 7140-61D I/O drawer
- Media bays
- Five (four available)
- Expansion slots
- 20 PCI or PCI-X (64-bit) via one 7140-61D I/O drawer (speeds up to 133MHz)
- PCI bus width
- 32- and 64-bit
- I/O adapters
- Two integrated Ultra3 SCSI controllers
- Two serial ports for connecting Hardware Management Console for pSeries
- SMP configuration
- 8- or 16-way SMP (one or two 8-way MCMs); 1.50GHz POWER4+
- L3 cache
- 128MB per MCM (256MB maximum)
- Up to 256GB (ECC, Chipkill)
- PCI/PCI-X expansion slots
- Up to 60 adapters via two additional 7140-61D I/O drawers
- Disk bay expansion
- Up to 32 hot-swappable disk bays via two additional 7140-61D I/O drawers; up to 7.0TB (36.4GB, 73.4GB and 146.8GB disk drives available)
- Battery backup
- Up to two (optional)
- Cluster management
- Cluster Systems Management (CSM) v1.3 with AIX 5L v5.2
PSSP v3.5 with AIX 5L v5.1/5.2
- Cluster Interconnect
- Ethernet (CSM or PSSP)
SP Switch2 (PSSP only)
- Copper, SOI microprocessors
Chipkill ECC, bit-steering memory
ECC L2 cache, L3 cache
Hot-swappable disk bays
Hot-plug/blind-swap PCI/PCI-X slots
Hot-plug power supplies and cooling fans
Dynamic deallocation of logical partitions and PCI bus slots
Redundant power supplies and cooling fans
Battery backup (optional)
- 200 v to 240 v; 380 v to 415 v; 480 v AC
- 79.7" H x 30.9" W x 58.8" D (202 cm x 79 cm x 149 cm)
- 2,605 lb (1,184 kg)**
- ** With acoustic door. Weight will vary when disks, adapters and other peripherals are installed.
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your IBM pSeries p670 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The 7040-671 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the 7040-671.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.