IBM pSeries p655 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished 7039-651. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
IBM pSeries p655 Server Overview
- POWER4+ microprocessors with L3 cache
- * Provides excellent system and application performance and high reliability in a small, efficient dual-processor chip
* Offer capacity to grow with 4- and 8-way systems
- Dense packaging
- *Delivered in 4U high, half-wide drawer package
*Supports up to 16 servers (up to 128 processors) per system frame, for superior processing power in minimal footprint
- Copper and SOI technology
- *Improves processor performance and reliability while using less power and producing less heat to help conserve energy and help lower operational costs
- High memory and I/O bandwidth
- * Helps remove performance bottlenecks that can occur when fast processors must wait for data to be moved through the system
* Delivers increased memory bandwidth for the needs of HPC applications
- Up to 64GB Chipkill™, bit-steering ECC memory
- *Allows exploitation of 64-bit addressing for large database or HPC applications
*Provides growth options with outstanding throughput
*Significantly lowers number of memory failures that can cause system outages, thus increasing system availability
*Automatically activates memory spares when multiple memory errors are encountered
- Logical Partitioning (LPAR)
- *Permits up to four UNIX or Linux partitions to be consolidated on a single server, easing maintenance and administration
*Offers greater flexibility in using available capacity and dynamically matching resources to changing business requirements (requires AIX 5L™ v5.2)
- Separate I/O drawer (7040-61D)
- *Provides significant increase in disk storage capacity (16 additional disk bays)
*Offers significant increase in attachability options (20 additional I/O slots)
- Built-in service processor
- *Continuously monitors system operations and takes preventive or corrective action for quick problem resolution and high system availability
*Allows diagnostics and maintenance to be performed remotely
- HPS attachment
- *Offers maximum performance, scalability and throughput for parallel message-passing applications
*Allows attachment of up to 16 servers (and 32 links)
*Provides significantly better peak bandwidth and lower latency than SP™ Switch2
- IBM eServer Cluster 1600
- *Provides centralized management of multiple interconnected systems
*Provides ability to handle unexpected workload peaks by sharing resources
*Allows for more granular growth so user demands can be readily satisfied
- 4-way 1.70GHz POWER4+ SMP (one 4-way MCM); or 8-way 1.70GHz POWER4+ SMP (one 8-way MCM)
- RAM (memory)
- Internal disk drive
- Two 36.4GB Ultra320 SCSI
- Internal disk bays
- Two hot-swappable; up to 293.6GB (36.4GB, 73.4GB and 146.8GB disk drives available)
- Expansion slots
- Three hot-plug/blind-swap PCI-X (64-bit)
- PCI bus width
- 32- and 64-bit
- I/O adapters
- Two integrated Ultra320 SCSI controllers
- Integrated ports
- Two 10/100 Ethernet; two serial ports for connecting Hardware Management Console
- Up to 64GB (ECC, Chipkill)
- p655 server drawer
- Up to 16 half drawers per frame
- I/O drawer
- Up to five per frame (one per pSeries 655 server)
- Optional battery backup
- Up to six per frame
System (frame) expansion
- I/O slots
- 20 hot-plug/blind-swap PCI or PCI-X slots (64-bit)
- Disk bays
- Up to 16 hot-swappable Ultra3 SCSI disk bays; up to 2.0TB (36.4GB, 73.4GB and 146.8GB disk drives available)
I/O drawer - 7040-61D (4U)
- Cluster attachment
- CSM v1.3 with AIX 5L v5.2
CSM v1.3 with Linux on pSeries
PSSP v3.5 with AIX 5L v5.1/5.2
- Cluster Interconnect
- Ethernet (CSM and AIX 5L or Linux; PSSP and AIX 5L)
High Performance Switch (CSM and AIX 5L)
SP Switch2 (PSSP and AIX 5L)
- Copper, SOI microprocessors
Chipkill ECC, bit-steering memory
ECC L2 cache, L3 cache
Hot-swappable disk bays
Hot-plug/blind-swap PCI/PCI-X slots
Dynamic Processor Deallocation
Dynamic deallocation of logical partitions and PCI bus slots
Battery backup (optional)
- 200 to 240v; 380 to 415v; 480v AC
- 79.7"H x 30.9"W x 56.8"D (202.5 cm x 78.5 cm x 144.3 cm); Weight: 3,613 lb (1,642 kg)**
- ** With slim-line doors and populated with 16 pSeries 655s. Weight will vary when disks, adapters and other peripherals are installed.
System frame dimensions
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your IBM pSeries p655 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The 7039-651 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the 7039-651.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.