IBM pSeries p650 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished 7038-6M2. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
IBM pSeries p650 Server Overview
- POWER4+ microprocessors with L3 cache
- *Provide improved system performance and higher reliability in a smaller, more efficient dual-processor chip
*Enable capacity to grow to eight processors
- Copper and SOI technology
- *Improve processor performance and reliability while using less power and producing less heat to help conserve energy and help lower operational costs
- High memory and I/O bandwidth
- *Remove performance bottlenecks that can occur when fast processors must wait for data to be moved through the system
- Up to 64GB Chipkill™ ECC, bit-steering memory
- *Allows exploitation of 64-bit addressing for large database and key critical business applications
*Provides growth options with much greater throughput
*Significantly lowers number of memory failures that cause system outages, thus increasing system availability
*Provides memory spares that are activated when multiple memory errors are encountered
- Capacity Upgrade on Demand
- *Offers flexibility to cost effectively and easily add permanent processing and memory capacity to help meet workload growth
- On/Off Capacity on Demand
- *Provides temporary processor use to meet unexpected workload demands
- Processor card packaging
- *Protects processor and memory components against accidental disconnection and/or contamination for improved reliability
*Allows for easier servicing
- Logical Partitioning (LPAR)
- *Permits up to 8 UNIX or Linux operating system servers to be consolidated on a single server, easing maintenance and administration
*Offers greater flexibility in using available capacity and dynamically matching resources to changing business needs (requires AIX 5L v5.2)
- Up to 63 hot-plug or 55 hot-plug/blind-swap PCI/PCI-X adapter slots
- *Provide growth options for significantly increased capacity at a low cost
*Support many commonly used adapters for increased availability at a lower cost
*Allow adapters to be added or removed without interrupting the system
- Hot-swappable disk and media bays
- *Provide greater system availability and smooth growth by allowing swapping or adding of disk drives and media devices without powering down the system
- Built-in service processor
- *Continuously monitors system operations and takes preventive or corrective actions for quick problem resolution and high system availability
*Allows diagnostics and maintenance to be performed remotely
- Redundant hot-plug power and cooling subsystems
- *Enhance system availability since cooling fans and power supplies can be changed without interrupting operations
*Provide backup power and cooling if primary unit fails
- Dynamic processor and PCI bus slot deallocation
- *Designed to automatically deallocate resources when impending failure is detected, so applications continue to run uninterrupted
- IBM eServer Cluster 1600
- *Provides centralized management of multiple inter-connected systems
*Provides ability to handle unexpected workload peaks by sharing resources
*Allows for more granular growth so user demands can be readily satisfied
- 2-way SMP (one processor card); 1.20GHz or 1.45GHz POWER4+
- Level 3 (L3) cache
- 8MB-1.20GHz; 32MB-1.45GHz (ECC)
- RAM (memory)
- Internal disk drive
- One 36.4GB Ultra3 SCSI
- Internal disk bays
- Four hot-swappable; up to 587.2GB (36.4GB, 75.4GB and 146.8GB disk drives) available
- Media bays
- Two (one available) hot-swappable
- PCI slots
- Seven PCI-X hot-plug/blind-swap adapters (six 64-bit; one 32-bit)
- PCI bus width
- 32- and 64-bit
- I/O adapters
- Dual ported integrated Ultra3 SCSI controller; Ethernet 10/100 controller
- Four serial, two ports for connecting Hardware Management Console for pSeries, keyboard, mouse
- SMP configuration
- 4-, 6-, 8-way SMP (one, two or three additional processor cards); 1.20GHz or 1.45GHz POWER4+
- L3 cache
- 8MB per 1.20GHz processor card (32MB maximum); 32MB per 1.45GHz processor card (128MB maximum)
- Up to 64GB (ECC, Chipkill)
- PCI expansion slots
- Up to 48 hot-plug/blind-swap adapters (40 64-bit PCI-X; eight 64-bit PCI) via up to eight 7311-D10 I/O drawers (six adapters each)
Up to 56 hot-plug adapters (64-bit PCI-X) via up to eight 7311-D20 I/O drawers (seven adapters each)
- Disk bay expansion
- Up to 96 hot-swappable via up to eight 7311-D20 I/O drawers (12 bays each); Up to 14.0TB of additional disk storage available
- Copper, SOI microprocessors
Chipkill ECC, bit-steering memory
ECC L2 cache, L3 cache
Hot-swappable disk bays
Hot-swappable media bays
Hot-plug/blind-swap PCI slots in p650 system unit and 7311-D10 I/O drawer
Hot-plug power supplies and cooling fans
Dynamic Processor Deallocation
Dynamic Processor Sparing
Dynamic deallocation of logical partitions and PCI bus slots
Redundant power supplies and cooling fans
- 200v to 240v AC
- System drawer
- 13.8"H x 17.5"W x 29.9"D (351 mm x 445 mm x 760 mm); Weight 205 lb (93 kg)**
- Two 7311-D10 I/O drawers
- 6.9"H x 17.5"W x 28.0"D (175 mm x 445 mm x 711 mm);Weight 86 lb (39.1 kg)**
- 7311-D20 I/O Drawer
- 7.0"H x 19.0" W x 24.0"D (178 mm x 482 mm X 610 mm);Weight 101 lb (45.9 kg)**
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your IBM pSeries p650 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The 7038-6M2 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the 7038-6M2.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.