IBM pSeries p630-6C4 Server
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished 7028-6C4. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
IBM pSeries p630-6C4 Server Overview
- Up to four POWER4+ microprocessors with L3 cache
- *Provide improved system performance and higher reliability for commercial applications in a smaller, more efficient package ("SMP-on-a-chip")
*Enables flexible growth in computing power
- Copper and SOI technology
- *Improve processor performance and reliability while using less power and producing less heat to help conserve energy
- High memory and I/O bandwidth
- *Remove performance bottlenecks that can occur when fast processors must wait for data to be moved through the system—particularly important for HPC applications
- Space-saving deskside or rack-mount
- *Allows greater flexibility in deployment in high-density environments
*Fits beside and under desks saving valuable floor space (deskside)
- Up to 32GB memory
- *Allows exploitation of 64-bit addressing for departmental database or HPC applications
*Provides growth options for much greater throughput
- Chipkill™ ECC, bit-steering memory
- *Significantly helps to lower number of memory failures that cause system outages, thus increasing system availability
*Provides memory spares to be activated when multiple memory errors are encountered
- Processor card packaging
- *Protects components against accidental disconnection and/or contamination
*Allows for easier servicing
- Front-mounted serial port
- *Offers convenient connection of handheld devices for easy systems management
- Wireless systems management
- *Allows remote personnel to perform system maintenance and monitor performance
*Enables server farms to be managed more easily
- *Permits multiple applications to be consolidated on a single server, reducing the number of systems to manage and maintain
*Offers greater flexibility in using available capacity and dynamically matching resources to changing business needs (requires AIX 5L v5.2)
- Six hot-plug PCI-X adapter slots
- *Provide growth options for increased capacity
*Support many commonly used adapters for increased availability at lower cost
*Allow adapters to be added or removed without interrupting the system
- Hot-swappable disk bays
- *Provide greater system availability and smooth growth by allowing swapping or adding disk drives without powering down the system
- Built-in service processor
- *Continuously monitors system operations and takes preventive or corrective actions for quick problem resolution and high system availability
*Allows diagnostics and maintenance to be performed remotely
- Redundant hot-plug power and cooling subsystems
- *Enhance system availability since cooling fans and power supplies can be changed without interrupting operations
*Provide backup power and cooling if primary unit fails
- NEBS Level 3 compliance (Model 6C4)
- *Offers rugged packaging and optional DC power required for telecommunications central office operations and other harsh computing environments
- Dynamic processor and PCI-X bus slot deallocation
- *Designed to automatically deallocate resources when impending failure is detected so applications can continue to run uninterrupted
- IBM eServer Cluster 1600
*Provides centralized management of multiple interconnected systems
*Provides ability to handle unexpected workload peaks by sharing resources
*Allows for more granular growth so user demands can be readily satisfied
- One-way 1.20GHz or 1.45GHz POWER4+
- Level 3 (L3) cache
- 8MB (ECC)
- RAM (memory)
- 1GB (ECC, Chipkill)
- Internal disk drive
- One 36.4GB Ultra3 SCSI
- Internal disk bays
- Four hot-swappable (36.4GB, 73.4GB and 146.8GB disk drives available; up to 587.2GB)
- Media bays
- Expansion slots
- Six PCI-X; 64-bit, 133MHz, 3.3 volt
- Bus width
- 32- and 64-bit
Processor (5U) rack drawer
- I/O adapters
- Two 10/100 Mbps Ethernet controllers
Two integrated Ultra3 SCSI controllers
Integrated SCSI SE Controller
- One parallel and three serial ports
- SMP configuration
- Two- or four-way 1.20GHz or 1.45GHz POWER4+—one or two processor cards
- L3 cache
- 16MB (ECC)—8MB per processor card
- Up to 32GB (ECC, Chipkill)—16GB per processor card
- PCI-X expansion slots (Model 6C4 only)
- Seven additional 64-bit adapters per 7311-D20 I/O Drawer (two maximum)
- Disk bays expansion (Model 6C4 only)
- 12 front accessible per 7311-D20 I/O Drawer (two maximum): up to 3.5TB of additional disk storage
- Copper, SOI microprocessors
Chipkill ECC, bit-steering memory
ECC L2 cache, L3 cache
First Failure Data Capture
Hot-swappable disk bays
Hot-plug PCI-X slots, AC and DC power supplies and cooling fans
Dynamic Processor Deallocation
Dynamic deallocation of logical partitions and PCI-X bus slots
Redundant cooling fans
Redundant AC and DC power supplies
NEBS Level 3 compliance (Model 6C4)
- 100v to 127v or 200v to 240v AC / -48v DC (Model 6C4)
- 6.8" H x 17.5" W x 24" D (172.8 mm x 444.4 mm x 609.6 mm)—standard 4U rack-mount
- 20.9" H x 11.8" W x 28.5" D (530 mm x 300.0 mm x 725.0 mm)—deskside
- Weight: 79.2 lb (36.0 kg)—deskside; 70.4 lb (32.0 kg)**—rack-mount
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your IBM pSeries p630-6C4 Server is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The 7028-6C4 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the 7028-6C4.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.