The Dell EMC PowerSwitch S4128F-ON is a high-performance and versatile network switch designed for modern data centers and enterprise networks. It is a part of Dell's Open Networking initiative, which emphasizes the use of open, industry-standard networking protocols and software to provide customers with greater flexibility and agility.
The S4128F-ON features 28 ports of 10/25GbE and 2 ports of 100GbE, making it well-suited for high-bandwidth applications such as video streaming, big data analytics, and cloud computing. It supports a variety of network protocols and features, including Layer 2 and Layer 3 forwarding, VXLAN overlay networks, and virtualization-aware networking.
One of the key features of the S4128F-ON is its open networking capabilities. It supports the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which allows customers to install their choice of operating system and network software. This gives customers greater control over their network infrastructure and allows them to use the software and tools that best meet their needs.
The Dell PowerSwitch S4128F-ON is a960Gbps (full-duplex) non-blocking, cut-through switching fabric delivers line-rate performance under full load.
- 28 fixed SFP+ optical ports
- 28 x 10G + 2 x 100G
- 28 x 10G + 2 x 40G
- 28 x 10G + 8 x 25G
- 36 x 10G
- AC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
- DC power supply with airflow from the PSU side to the I/O side—reverse
Key Features with Dell EMC SmartFabric OS10
- Consistent DevOps framework across compute, storage and networking elements
- Standard networking features, interfaces and scripting functions for legacy network operations integration
- Standards-based switching hardware abstraction via Switch Abstraction Interface (SAI)
- Pervasive, unrestricted developer environment via Control Plane Services (CPS)
- OS10 Enterprise Edition software enables Dell Technologies layer 2 and 3 switching and routing protocols with integrated IP services, quality of service, manageability and automation features
- OS10 supports Precision Time Protocol (PTP, IEEE 1588v2) to synchronize clocks on network devices.
- Leverage common open source tools and best practices (data models, commit rollbacks)
- Increase VM Mobility region by stretching L2 VLAN within or across two DCs with unique VLT capabilities
- Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet Switching with QoS, ACL and a full complement of standards based IPv4 and IPv6 features including OSPF, BGP and PBR
- Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV Enhanced mirroring capabilities including local mirroring, Remote Port Mirroring (RPM), and Encapsulated Remote Port Mirroring (ERPM)
- Converged network support for Data Center Bridging, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV