Sun Ultra 40 Workstation
Buy, Sell, Rent, or Lease a Refurbished Ultra 40. Contact us by calling 800-327-0730, activating our Live Chat feature, or filling out our Quote Form to get immediate pricing and availability.
- In Stock:
- Sun Microsystems
- Contact Us
- 1 Year
Sun Ultra 40 Workstation Overview
- Processor Options
- Up to two dual-core AMD Opteron 2000 series processors with one MB Level 2 cache per core and three AMD HyperTransport links per CPU
- Secondary cache (Level 2)
- 1 MB per CPU
- Memory options
- 32 GB maximum, up to eight DDR2-667 registered ECC DIMMs (4 per CPU)
- Two 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet port (rear panel)
- Eight USB 2.0 ports (two front, six rear)
Two IEEE 1394a ports (two front)
- Audio I/O
- Integrated High Definition Audio 1.0 (two front, eight rear) 7.1 channel audio with support for S/PDIF optical and coaxial ports
- Expansion bus
- Two PCI Express x16 slots
Two PCI Express x8 slots (mechanically x16)
One conventional 32-bit PCI slot operating at 33 MHz
- Internal storage
- Up to eight SATA drives, 6TB maximum: 160, 250, 500, 750 GB (7,200-rpm).
Up to eight SAS drives, 2.4TB maximum: 146, 300GB 15,000-rpm
- Optical drive
- DVD Dual (DVD-RW and CD-RW combo)
- Professional 2-D
- NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 (128MB DDR2, x16 PCI-E)
- Entry 3-D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 560
- Midrange 3-D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
- High-end 3-D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3500
- Ultra High-end 3-D
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5500
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
- The Ultra 40 M2 Workstation supports four graphics cards and eight displays/monitors (except FX 5500, FX 5600, FX 4600)
Up to 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz (16:10 aspect ratio)
Resolution 1600x1200 at 60Hz
1280 x 1024 at 60 Hz
1280 x 1024 at 60Hz
- Operating Noise: 4.9 Bels
Idle Noise: 4.7 Bels
- Power supply
- 1000 Watts
- Operating temperature
- 2° C to 35° C (41° F to 95° F);
7-93 percent relative humidity, noncondensing
- Nonoperating temperature
- -40° C to 68° C (-40° F to 158° F);
93 percent relative humidity, noncondensing
- 445 mm (17.5 in.)
- 205 mm (8.1 in.)
- 569 mm (22.4 in.)
- 26.31 kg (58 lbs) fully configured
Dimensions and Weight
Express Computer Systems state-of-the-art engineering lab and certified technicians will make sure that your Sun Ultra 40 Workstation is tested rigorously and in perfect working condition. To back it up, we carry a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all of our used and refurbished gear, in addition to one of the industries best warranties.
We stock all of our products. Items are fully tested and professionally packaged to ensure functionality on arrival.
The Ultra 40 will ship the same day if the order is received with sufficient testing and packaging time.
*Alaska and Hawaii customers, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We ship via Fedex. Next Day and expedited shipping services are available. Please contact us for a quote to upgrade shipping.
We can also ship via UPS or FedEx on your account number. Other freight and carrier services are available, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Pickup & Delivery
Local customers may also arrange for pickup or delivery of items.
Approved Educational, Government, and Corporate customers may submit a purchase order to purchase the Ultra 40.
Please contact us and we will FAX or Email you a credit application.
Finance & Leasing Options
We have solutions to help you finance your purchase. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our finance and leasing options.
To pay via credit card, please call us at (800) 327-0730
FAX your card type, card number, expiration date, name as it appears on the card, complete billing address including apartment number, zip code and phone number to us at (800) 327-0730.
International buyers must pay via Wire Transfer.
Please email us at email@example.com to purchase this product with a wire transfer.
Business and Personal Checks must clear prior to shipment.